A cup of fresh cocoa helps to improve brain function among older people, as some of recent studies claim.
In a rapidly changing and aging world more and more people suffer from age-related decline of intelligence or dementia.
Scientists are looking for more new methods to combat it, because this illness dramatically reduces the quality of life of the patient and often leads to the necessity of reconsidering the ways of living of all family members.
Flavonoids and antioxidants that are found in cocoa beans may be good sources of medicine in this situation.
Ian MacDonald, the scientist from Nottingham, United Kingdom, describes an experiment in which young women were drinking a cup of cocoa before performing complex tasks and performed them under control of a magnetic resonance imaging procedure.
The device showed a significant acceleration of cerebral blood flow in the group.
The next step was to study the impact of cocoa on the brains of people who have initially reduced cerebral blood flow.
According to the researchers, the benefits that cocoa brings were discovered during the investigation of health of the tribes of South America who drink this beverage in very large quantities.
However, the problem lies in the fact that cocoa powder which is delivered to the shops is poor with flavonoids. They are artificially extracted from raw materials, as flavonoids give this drink a bitter taste.
The researchers also fear that patients will “look” the same substance in chocolate that will lead to problems with obesity. Chocolate is food for pleasure and it will never improve health as opposed to cocoa in anticipation of bright future, scientists say.
Has anyone ever really looked into what actually goes into Energy Drinks? And the question is really though, do we care what we are putting into our bodies and what ingredients energy drinks actually hold.
A lot of people drink beer, alcohol, and do a lot of other harmful things to our bodies, so who is to say that we do care what energy drinks really do for our bodies. Anyone who is half way intelligent would look into what they are consuming and actually getting from the energy drinks.
Here are a list of the most common ingredients found in Energy Drinks.
1) Caffeine – It is probably the most common ingredient in energy drinks, as it acts as a big stimulant for people, which as well know is in the pop products we buy such as Pepsi, mountain dew, and other things such as coffee, but the key is that the caffeine is much higher quantity in energy drinks. From what I have looked at, most energy drinks contain around 100-200 mg of caffeine in them. This is why a lot of people feel the side effects of energy drinks is because the loaded amount of caffeine in energy drinks such as redbull, monster, and rockstar. This is something that most of us if we thought about it wouldn’t recommend for our everyday energy drink and source.
2) Taurine – I first learned about this in my previous company as it was the active ingredient in the product that was called OHM for energy drinks. Taurine is something that is naturally produced by the body, as it is supposed to help energy levels throughout the body. And usually your body makes enough of this so that you dont need to add extra to your body. And one of the things that they always talked about with taurine in energy drinks is that it could possibly help with stress levels as well. Again, something that isnt always the best for us on a day to day basis.
3) Guarana – It is derived from South America in plants and is supposed to be used for awareness and energy levels. It can be compared to caffeine but has a few different variations and stimulants.
4) B Vitamins – Well finally a word that seems to be good, vitamins. We all know the importance of vitamins and minerals because its what is supposed to be healthy for us. B Vitamins are supposed to wake up our bodies and kickstart them, and thats why energy drinks put these type of vitamins in them.
5) Ginseng – With the emergence of this supplement, its supposed to be a herb that is known to increase energy levels, and alleviate stress as well. Ginseng is created naturally by the body as well, but again the levels of supplementation and energy drinks dont match up well when you drink energy drinks on a regular basis.
6) Ginkgo Biloba – Along with ginseng, this is another emerging herb. It is supposed to help your memory, concentration, and blood circulation. This also is made for the regulating of stress levels.
7) L-Carnitine – Is naturally produced by your body and is supposed to help with your metabolism and energy levels. It is created by your liver and kidneys, but because it speeds up your metabolism it can often increase energy levels and thats the main reason why energy drinks hold this ingredient. It is supposed to give you endurance as well. The bad thing about this is that some people use this ingredient for support of their heart, so to much of this can speed up the heart and thats why you shouldnt take energy drinks to often.
8) Sugars – We all know about sugars. They are the bodys main fuel as we always hear dont go eating to much junk food as they are full of sugars. And thats why you get very hyper or active when consuming alot of sugars and energy drinks are loaded with them.
9) Antioxidants – These are actually a very good thing for your body, killing the free radicals in your body and recovering from the damage they can sometimes leave. Most vitamins contain some kind of antioxidants, but their are alot better ways of getting antioxidants than what energy drinks give you in the form of.
Migraines affect more than 36 million Americans – that’s nearly one out of every ten people! It’s also in the top twenty disabilities that cause people to miss work. The thing is, if they all knew this secret to curing and preventing these chronically severe headaches, that number would see a drastic reduction.
Fruit tea - one word describes it - DELICIOUS and HEALTHY.
Fruit tea comprised of browned shredded quince which has been oven-dried, dry-grilled until brown, and stored ready to steep in boiling water.